Thursday, January 30, 2014

January conclusions


Well my No Booze January experiment has concluded and, while it was educational and a good "reset", I did let things taper off toward the end there. Really there isn't much to say that I didn't already cover in last week's blog post. Essentially, I found it overly restrictive and I'm more of a sustainable goal type than an all-or-nothing type. It definitely helped me gain some perspective, but part of that perspective is "Dang, a glass of wine with dinner sure is nice!" Seriously, last week's post makes for a better summary, so you can go read that instead, but as for how I did on the goals I outlined at the start of the month:

-To lose aforementioned holiday muffin top.
Nailed it! I amped up my workouts too so I'm back in preholiday shape. 

-To see drinking as a treat, not a given. 
 Definitely. I savor every drop of booze that passes my lips!

- To force myself to think outside of the box for non-drinking activities.
I'd say met this goal as well, with the early morning waking, long walks and booze free brunches. 

-To satisfy some curiosity and exercise willpower.  
Yes on the curiosity, "sort of" on the willpower portion. So uh...B-?

Other goings on: I've substantially upped my vitamin D intake and I think it's at least partially responsible for me avoiding the winter blues this year. Overall my mood has been fantastic, which I also attribute to a good workout regimen and forcing myself to go outdoors whenever we have a warm sunny day. This is an uneventful time of year for me, but I'm finding that pleasant and not depressing like usual. Next week is my 30th birthday and spring will be here before we know it so all in all things are pretty alright :)


No comments:

Post a Comment