Wednesday, January 15, 2014

No Booze January - Week 2 down


I'm at the halfway point of Dry January and I'm feeling good. I read that the second week was the hardest for most, and my experience matched that. I had my first bar outing on Friday and have to admit I was a little grumpy, especially since we were at a place that served great cocktails and that I rarely go to. I also had a twinge of longing when I had some delicious tapas without wine for probably the first time in my life. I haven't thought much about booze during the week though, so I've at least "reset" my bad holiday habit of indulging on weekdays.

I had a light, booze free lunch with Jenna on Saturday, which strengthened my vow to take it easier on weekends. Look, I love getting daydrunk on mimosas then taking a glorious nap (and you can bet your ass I will continue to do so) but it was nice to feel energized and refreshed after brunch for once. It was a gorgeous day so Greg and I went to the Mercer Arboretum for a walk that afternoon, something a boozey nap would have nipped right in the bud. Our weekend walks have been really enjoyable, and they are a habit I definitely want to keep up. I can see myself curbing the weekend beers to facilitate this, and that so far is the most positive discovery I've made. It's really nice waking up at 9 instead of noon. I feel like I have a lot more weekend.

Now that I've reached the halfway point I feel like it's smooth sailing from here. I was hoping to have the added motivation of weightloss (I think I've lost a pound?) but I am carrying some extra water weight this week from...reasons so it's basically my conviction getting me through. I've already begun to form some thoughts on Dry January in general, but I'll save them for my end-of-the-month post.

Status at end of week 2:

Maybe lost a pound, but bloated so blah I can't tell. Good energy levels and mood. Sleeping well, waking up earlier and being more active on weekends. Grouchiness experienced and thankfully subsided.

No comments:

Post a Comment